Monday 2 December 2013

Personal designs

These are some designs from my sketchbook that have been inspired my artists like Hayden Williams. They are all my own representations of A Rakes Progress' characters such as Tom Rakewell and Nick shadow. I didn't want to make the characters look like they were from the period the paintings are set in, so i tried my best too modernise them.
(above) This character is tom, the man who carries the city on his back and falls because he cant balance out the good and bad. I chose to make him look like he was literally wearing the city, and i gave him high heels because those bitches are so hard to walk in.
(above) This was supposed to be Toms beloved Anne, i depicted her as a kind of tartish, material girl, who is easily fooled.
(above) These characters were some of my first designs, although i didnt really intend on using them, i think they could suit as possible characters such as the background people who beg tom for money. The zombie can be zombified by the greed after tom and his wealth, which has driven him to look almost dead. The ghost.... i dont even know about the ghost.
(above) This design was supposed to be a type of peasant cotour, the bucket replacing a bag, and the actual model dressed in sacks instead of designer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment